The article by Andy Glover is here and is provocatively called “Should Church buildings ever open again”. It’s worded in a way to make us think of the opportunities the lockdown has opened to us.
For those of you wanting to follow up on the Tearfund item in the prayers, then go to their website.
For Reflection and Discussion
- In the Isaiah 58:3-9, what was so wrong with the way the people of Judah were behaving? Surely every society has the poor and disadvantaged?
- Mark referred to the Robin Mark quote where he states the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon us. Take a look at 1 John 2:20, 27. How does the anointing of God make a difference in this passage.
- What other meanings can anointing have in our witness and ministry as God’s people. Look at: Matthew 6:17, Mark 6:13, James 5:14.
- What can we learn from the following that may be relevant to us as God’s people? Leviticus 8:12, Exodus 28:41, Psalm 105:15, Psalm 45:7.
- Take time to reflect on the anointing God gives His church today. How might that help to shape our thinking as we explore our future ministry as a church after lockdown?