For Discussion and Reflection
Read Isaiah 53:4-10
- Why is it that we can think of Calvary as the day of vengeance of our God?
Read Isaiah 61:1-3
- Mark mentioned that the Messiah was a liberator, but what do you think the overall purpose of liberation is?
- Hugh Macmillan said sorrow and suffering play a gracious part in the moral economy of the world. How do you think God may use our sorrow and suffering to bless us and further His kingdom?
- Joy changes our perspective on how we view the problems and pressures of life. How can we recover joy from mourning and how do you think this passage may help?
- Why is praising God so important in countering despair? How has the present pandemic affected our ability to praise God? What positive things may God be teaching us through it?