Our Prayer Meeting will be at 9-30am on Zoom. Steve has circulated the Zoom connection details. Please email us if you need them. The prayer points we will be considering are below and are also on the printable document below if you need a hard copy.
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
- Give thanks for the success of the vaccine rollout and its effectiveness.
- Pray that vaccines may be rolled out quickly in other lands too and that countries will be willing to share resources to help get vaccines to poorer countries.
- Pray particularly for India that they will get the help they need quickly.
- Give thanks that restrictions are being lifted and pray that people will use their new freedoms responsibly.
- Give thanks for successful CTF Easter services given the restrictions in place. Pray that those challenged by what they saw and heard will link up with those who will help nurture then in their faith.
- Pray for the CTF Steering Group as they explore what possibility there is of holding a Praise on the Prom this year.
- Pray for The Compass that they will get the resources they need to meet the demands they they are already receiving to help others, and that they will get their charitable status rapidly.
- Pray for the other Christian organisations in Felixstowe – Boost, Hope Trust, Seafarers’ Centre/Chaplains, BASIC Pop-Up Shops, CAP, Town Pastors. They are all in varying states of being up and running and each need to explore how their ministries now unfold in the light of the pandemic.
- Pray for the forthcoming local elections for County Councillors and Police and Crime Commissioner.
- As the new housing estates start to appear, pray that both our church and our neighbours may respond creatively and in unity with the challenge of sharing Jesus with our new neighbours.
- Please pray for Walton Parish Nursing, particularly for the practicalities of re-opening their activities in mid-May. Pray too for those in No Label that have continued to meet during Lockdown. Pray for John as he runs his Half Marathon this morning. Pray for Lorna John, the volunteers and clients.
- Give thanks for the Unanswered Prayer Course and for the way it is challenging us to understand more of God’s ways and help us to trust Him and allow ourselves to trust Him even though we can’t see where the outcome is.
- Pray for Thy Kingdom Come, that God will lead us to those we should be praying for and to help us to focus our prayers during the 10 days of TKC on what our mission is in this community. Please pray that all of us may draw something positive from the coming weeks that will deepen our faith and prepare us for the changes coming up in June.
- Give thanks for the opportunity to reopen at the end of June. May we know the Lord’s guidance as to how and when we reopen our activities and what form they may take in the future. Pray particularly for the forthcoming May Church Meeting, that as a church we will deal wisely with these issues and seek the Lord’s will in all things.
- Pray for forthcoming activities – the remaining Unanswered Prayer sessions – the Baptist Assembly Service on 16th May – Thy Kingdom Come including the Ascension Service (13th May), Midday Prayers, CTF Community Prayers on 17th and Pentecost Sunday on 23rd May.
- Pray for those in our fellowship who need prayer at this time.