This Sunday’s Service will premiere at 10-30am and will be available for about 28 days.
FOR REFLECTION AND DISCUSSION
- The Bible says that we ‘do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.’ (1 Thess. 4:13). What did you find most helpful, inspiring or challenging in what Pete and Sammy Greig, Gemma Hunt and Ladan Nouri shared?
- Thinking about an area of long-term disappointment in your life, how might an eternal perspective reframe the way you relate to it?
- What do you think the new heaven and the new earth will be like? How will it be different? How will it be the same?
- In the video Pete and Sammy Greig used a kintsugi bowl to illustrate the beauty that can come out of brokenness. Where can you see beauty coming out of brokenness in your life, or in the life of someone in this group?
- The story of Ladan and the missionaries Mark and Gladys Bliss demonstrates that it can sometimes take months, years or even decades for fruit to come out of our suffering.
Are there stories in our community’s history of how challenges and trials have now produced fruit? Or are there opportunities for us to turn our current challenges into long-term fruit?
- Eugene Peterson writes, “Faith develops out of the most difficult aspects of our existence, not the easiest.” How do the stories you’ve heard across this course reflect and inspire you to keep persevering in the midst of challenges?